Friday, April 23, 2010

Our Enchanted April...

The sun is shining brightly today! Rise and shine and sing out with joy! "Oh, what a beautiful morning! Oh,what a wonderful feeling!" It was the perfect day to go to market. I rode the whistle-stop, focused on my shopping list. But, I couldn't help but admire the bright blue of the sky. Even the trees were smiling. Love was definitely in the air. I greeted every man and woman and child I met at the market. "You deserve a compliment today!" I said to the woman in front of me in the cheese aisle. She turned around and said,"I do?" "Yes, you deserve a compliment today because you are a beautiful person," I said. "And so are you. And the circle of love goes round. The world may be full of chaos, but this is how we can make the world a better place by celebrating and supporting one another," she said.

I thought about her words. She was spiritually correct, I decided. So, I greeted the next stranger I met, and the next, and the next. To my delight, each person responded with a smile, and humor, and wonderment. It was a tub of love in our very own Enchanted April.

As I shopped for brown bread, I thought of the Farmers' Market, scheduled to open in the summer. There is a man who the community refers to as world's best grand pa. He sits in his chair and the people come to him. They bring him slabs of chocolate cake, and cool soft drinks. Yes, they buy his trees, fruits and flowers. But, mostly they come to sit by him, and to listen to his stories. They too confide in him, sharing tears, and laughter. I often watch these tender scenes between grand pa and his adopted adult children, and am inspired by his example.

When we plant seeds of love, we never know exactly when or where the seeds will take root. But, eventually, they grow and blossom in the most amazing and awe-inspiring ways.

I want to plant seeds of love. Just as, I am sure, you do too, dear reader.

I finished buying beans, and fruit and decided to wait for my ride outside in the sun. The whistle-stop was running slightly behind schedule. And, this too was a blessing. How often during our busy day, do we have the opportunity for conscious waiting, calisthenics of our patience-muscle? I sat on a curb and meditated by a sapling. I admired this young tree's strength and courage. Imagine having the audacity to grow! The world is full of chaos. Bad things do happen, and are happening all around us. But, there can also be love. We can be change agents, by simply daring to dip our little toes into that refreshing tub of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment